04-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
dubber1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Cabrio

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
DIY - Headlight Washers (install and disable instructions)

I recently installed headlight washers on my car and it worked so here is a DIY on how to do it. This modification required dealer programming to allow the car’s computer to recognize the washers. The part number is 61670400875 and I bought mine directly from the stealership. The kit comes with all of the hoses, a new washer fluid tank, retractable nozzles, clips, nozzle covers, a fuse, a relay, and all wires. This kit is the same as the one that comes with the xi models (in Canada, and I think in the US).

For all you in the southern states that can keep your car clean all year, you can probably ignore this. Where I live, there is dirty snow on the ground for nearly half the year so these keep me from having to stop at the gas station every day during winter.

Headlight Washer Disable
Refer to Part 3 below for instructions on how to disable the headlight washer. This may have been posted elsewhere but I figured I would show it here in case it hasn't. I tried this in my car and it didn't cause an error code.

Part 1 – Remove the wheel arch

The first step is taking off the passenger side front wheel. I will assume that you know how to do this.
Next, remove the wheel well cover. There are a bunch of screws that have to be taken off to do this.
Once the wheel arch cover is off, you will be able to see the washer fluid tank in the front quarter panel. Unclip all of the cables and undo the screw (there is only one) that holds the tank in place. You will have to tip the tank to drain most of the fluid out of it before you can unclip the filler hose. This was rather messy and I dumped a lot of fluid on the garage floor. I tried to catch most of it in a bucket.
Attached Images

2017 430i xDrive Cabriolet
Retired: 2007 335xi Sapphire/Terra Premium
Retired: 2006 325i, Premium

Last edited by dubber1; 05-02-2007 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Added method to disable headlight washers
Appreciate 0