View Single Post
      06-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

I hate it when people bash American cars, epecially when you all support the american ecconomy. American cars have been given such a bad name that they are rarely given a bad name. Alot of people say that they have cheap interiors or have engine problems. But in the past few years they have improved drastically but no one still gives them credit for it. The interior of the new camaro shows the improvement that GM has been force to migrate towards plus some, and even still they are not given the prase they deserve. Ford sale phemonenal number of the new Mustang, and it has minor issues with its reliablilty but yet people find negative things to say about it. But yet cars like Audi and Mercedes-Benz are prasied for their too-costly, and not needed electonics, and yet their cars stay in the shop half the time and cost the most to repair. Alot of the things that companies such as Cadillac offer, Mercedes-Benz and BMW make you pay for. For instance, an automatic trunk closer is offered in the S-Class as a cost feature (not included) but even Cadillac DeVilles dating back to 1979 had this option as an automatic feature. I understand that many feel that cars such as the new camaro will not be successful or are too ugly, but out of all honesty, would alot of you all get a 335i if it wasnt by BMW. If you were just looking at the design of the car (exterior-wise) and then looking at the price,I doubt that the 335i would sell the same.
The new camaro is going to be an awsome car: 400lb, 400lb torque, 28mpg hw, retro style interior even including retro styled seatbelts, angel eyed halo xenonheadlights, 20" rims leather/seude seats with colored stitching and 0-60 well under 6 seconds for $30,000, what is there not to like about it? Oh yeah I know.....Its american! LOL
Appreciate 0