View Single Post
      05-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #18
Nathan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 3.0

i have to agree with roburado that japanese cars, although highly reliable, don't have the proper driving dynamics or the aesthetic feel.

I've driven several lexus and Infiniti vehicles and have left dealerships disappointed. I drove a new Infiniti M45 last week and although the interior quality was quite nice, the handling wasn't that great, and the center console was cluttered with many, many buttons. The wood was quite amazing, i have to admit. The reverse camera is really cool.

The thing that drives me nuts about Japanese cars are the way they lay out text on the buttons of controls. Everything seems to be really wordy, exhibit different font sizes, and there's just too much of it. The M45 has a shitload of buttons and something that looks like the iDrive controller.

I'm a BMWer for life, no doubts about it. I looked at the Benzes and just didn't like their consoles either, no matter how cool they look on the outside.

The reason i really like the E90 is because although the dash with iDrive looks really simple and elegant, it is actually well equipped with all the iDrive toys i want, including voice recognition, Nav, Bluetooth etc. I am a gadget guy, and if i can get a performance sedan with a bunch of gizmos, that just makes me really happy.
Appreciate 0