View Single Post
      05-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #18
wannabe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e93 6MT

I just called my insurance company, Progressive, they said that they have to know about the modification before a claim for them to cover it. They said, if they didn't know about the modification...they would cover $1000. If you tell them about the modifications, they will raise the premium and cover up to $5000. So I guess you are right, they'll cover the car...for some reason I have heard or believed that putting a turbo on your car will invalidate the insurance claim.

About the warranty stuff, in your original post #2 asked if it would be important to revert back to "warranty" state. But now you are saying most dealerships will cover it? Besides, there was a post on here where an unmodified BMW caught fire and even then BMW didn't cover it under warranty. Now you're telling me a car with a turbo, a test pipe (that throws off all sorts of engine codes), and a modified ECU will be covered under warranty? I find that hard to believe. The dealer might want to make money, but the decision still lies with BMW doesn't it?

I'm not in the turbo business, so I don't know...but are you telling me there is nothing to worry about with regards to warranty and insurance claims after installing a turbo?
Appreciate 0