View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #20
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: van

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwynMike View Post
Having had BMW's for some years, I thought that I'd try the "opposition" as the A5 Sportback ticked all the boxes.

The sales person was very good - he knew I didn't want to buy that particular car as it was the wrong colour for me. He did let me take it out though. Ride was comparable to the E91. Seats similar. As noted previously, there were a lot of switches and controls dotted about. Not an issue for me.
On the couple of corners that I threw the car round, it went well, as it should. There was one uphill drag, that I floored it on, then slowing down, and flooring it on the flat. At similar points on the road, the A5 was doing 20-30mph less than the 335d. I said to the sales person that I didn't think I'd be a good enough driver to notice the difference in power. Good or not, the power difference was noticeable. Enough that within seconds of giving it a blast, I knew I wouldn't be satisfied.
Yes, it was a roomier, more practical car for my needs than the E91, but performance-wise, it is in another class

Mike
Are you going to get the new 335d mapped mike? It's a different animal then.
Appreciate 0