03-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #235
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFKnoL View Post
I noticed something recently that I think might be interesting. The MS-8 is more sensitive to voltage on the line (I assume). Several times when I had the sub turned very high (along with everything else), the MS-8 rebooted. This of course shut down the amps as well. When it came back up the music started again but them rebooted again. This would keep occuring until I turned the base down. After that it was fine.

I was concerned about the power consumption so I connected an ammeter to check and found that The amps were peaking over 100 amps in current draw.
Yeah, I have a thought. If you're going to want to draw conclusions about your voltage, why don't you use the meter in "voltmeter" setting?

If your MS-8 has a low voltage, it will probably shut down. But if you have a lousy ground, it may have a lower voltage than the battery does.

When you say you used an ammeter, was it an inductive ammeter? How did you perform the test?

A ported enclosure is A, more efficent to drive, and B, a terrible means of power management.
Appreciate 0