View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
S114HED
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
I don't subscribe to the notion that BMW builds a bad car. Yes the 6 cylinders are better, but if the car is well looked after and has been treated in the right way then there is no reason why it would be a bad car. it will be an efficiency dynamics model which is good and BMW is usually very good at goodwill should something major go wrong. If you keep the BMW service history and the car is under 60k that seems to be the zone of goodwill, so you have plenty of mileage.

rear tyre wear is common on Bridgstones RFT. When they were out go with non run flats and have the suspension aligned and that should cure that.

Ask the vender where the car has been serviced and then phone them up. The main dealer should be able to confirm all the service history and what work has been done.

As for warranty through the BMW car club you can buy an extended warranty through warranty wise which is a like for like match of the BMW warranty. should be around £400 for that car.

Colour and specification is good. The only other thing i would check is the wheels carefully for cracks. They normally go on the inside edges and requires getting up close and personal with the floor.
Thanks Sohlman,

I have phoned the BMW Dealer and they have confirmed everything the seller has said, and I do honestly think the seller has looked after his car.

I will defo check all wheels throughly and make sure they are not cracked, also just got a quote from warranty wise for around £300, but would they cover all work by a BMW dealer or would I need to choose their own? Also there isnt a spare wheel, so if I was to go to Non RFT I would need to get an extra wheel

What do you think about the price, is 14k too much? I was going to try and haggle to around 13k.

Last edited by S114HED; 01-28-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0