MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'm 24.

I've just never been able to read text cleanly on televisions. I just finished college not too long ago, but when I lived in my dorm room I never had 2 monitors. Our dorms at the school I went to were much to small for that. I could barely fit my desktop computer in there. Plus, I try not to be too frugal. I just couldn't justify buying a television of any kind while I was in school. Any show I wanted to watch could typically be found via torrents. As a result, I didn't watch TV at all for the whole 4 years I was in college. Even on breaks I rarely watched it. Now that I'm out, I still don't watch much of it. I turn on something while I'm cooking but thats about it.

I don't really see the need of having a 36" TV doubling as a second monitor. Everybody is different though, and if you can websurf and do everything else you need to do on that setup then more power to you.
Fair enough... I'm a big TV junkie, and watch a lot of stuff downloaded off torrents, so it's just nice to just have everything connected. The tv monitor as a computer monitor isn't very praticle, but if you're on the more extreme end of setting up some crazy system, then it's a nice option.