View Single Post
      10-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Didn't' think about going with a more sensitive speaker to achieve a volume increase using stock power. I'm familiar with the BSW line. I see if I get them with the tweeters I'm around $300 which is a little higher than I wanted to go. Do you have any other recommendations with a shallow enough mounting depth that may be a little less expensive and possibly have even higher sensitivity than the BSW's? I'd like an improvement over stock both in SQ and SPL with a strong bias towards SPL if I have to make a compromise.
Another option -and amazingly cheaper than a BSW front speaker set- is to get a Zapco DC200.2 amp just for the front speakers. Its built-in DSP can help you tune just the front speakers way better than what you can do right now and its 100W RMS max can give you higher volume -and carefully, or you will blow the OEM speakers easily.

If your car is an E90 then I would replace the front speakers with a DLS R4 set as well, but that will bust your budget. I think that replacing just the OEM tweeters with the BSW (you need to wire the OEM mid connector to it) and the DC200.2 could really give you what you are looking for.

Last edited by Technic; 10-30-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0