06-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #169
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant

David,

The thread "Performing your own new car prep" suggests Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. If I'm treating my wheels as I am my paint, is this needed? Does it provide easier cleaning and/or better defense against brake dust, etc.? Yesterday I put on a coat of Z2 and Z8, and did the same for my wheels, and can't imagine them looking any better (unless I take them off my car for more thorough cleaning).

Also, finishing my detailing today I realized I do not have any interior trim cleaner (i.e., dash, door trim, etc.). The thread mentioned above suggests Aerospace 303 for the trim. Is this your choice for interior trim, or if not, what is? Is the product called "Aerospace 303 Protectant"?

I took a shortcut today, and actually used Mother's FX Tire Shine, even though I wouldn't use it long term. I first put it on my applicator pad, and the interior looks really good, though I do want to buy some proper interior trim protectant/cleaner.

EDIT: Another question, David. I do have a couple very minor scratches in my car, that I didn't even notice until it was detailed. You have stressed that swirls cannot be removed by hand. I'm a bit confused reading Zaino's application instructions for their Z-PC. In part, it reads,

"For HAND use: apply a small amount of Zaino Z-PC Fusion to a cotton or foam applicator pad (draw an "X" from corner-to corner of your pad). Work a small area (no bigger than 2' x 2') with the Zaino Fusion, using firm motions. Work the product for as long as necessary - stop to occasionally check your progress. Circular motions may be used, but always finish with front-to-back or up-and-down motions...".

It then continues with directions for machine use. What is your take on this?

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited by rtjones; 06-18-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 0