View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Mwp4me
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman3msport View Post
Had my golf r32 for two years and it was a great car with all the toys, dsg, heated leather, electric everything but was quite pricey to own so thought it was time for a change and bought a BMW 325i last week. I did try the 320i but it didn't really do anything for me and new I would have probably got bored or it in a couple of weeks. Soon as I drove the 325i it put a smile on my face straight away and has done every time I have drove it since. Compared to the golf it feels smoother, quieter and is more comfortable over the bumpy crappy roads, not sure if its quicker or slower than the golf tbh it feels about the same. One thing I'm sure about though is that it is definitely better on fuel than the golf. I've been dreading the snow because I know how bad these can be and new I would be cursing myself if I get stuck and a r32 drives past me but so far so good! Not really missing the golf at all, so the BMW is cheaper to run, more comfortable and looks great too. Just need to get saving for the list of mods that I want to do to it.
Done the same mate, come from a '58' plate R32 and 25th Anniversary to a E92 320i 'M' Sport.
The R32 was fully loaded but I didn't think it was that fast. My Edition 30 before that was a lot faster.

I know where people are coming from on the "is the 320i underpowered" and I did think long about this, however I love mine and it's more than enough for me.

i'm a bit more of a relaxed driver now not going everywhere like a bat out of hell.

And as well 170PS is not slow.

Best bit is my wife has stopped complaining about my driving in my noisy engined VW's. She loves the BM like I do and says how quiet it is.

Enjoy your new car mate.
Appreciate 0