View Single Post
      08-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
Well, the SA was sure treating my non-RFTs as a mod. She engaged in a rather long conversation about it.
Had a wheel bearing failed, I wouldn't have been surprised if they blamed it on the non-RFTs. That seem to be the way a lot of BMW service departments operate, based on some of the warranty denial posts here.
They would be hard pressed to blame bearings on RFTs but aftermarket wheels would certainly cause a warranty denial unless you can show that they are the same size, offset and weight of a wheels that is available from the factory for your car.

As you can read in the warranty thread, if the dealer denies warranty service, and BMW concurs, then your remedy is to sue. Even assuming that the MM act would apply (i.e. my example above of the identically sized wheels) then you are still screwed until you sue. The feds are not going to come to your rescue and sue for you.

You've got to be prepared to pay to play. If you are not mentally and financially prepared to pay for the possible consequences of your mods then you shouldn't mod.
Appreciate 0