Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prado 150, CT200h

Garage List
2012 Lexus  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
OK ... Then what Powerchip are doing is a FLASH upgrade. In the document they sent me, it states the processor has to be de-soldered and replaced which I find strange (I have an Electronics Engineering background). Anyway the performance difference for the petrol engine is only 5% on engine power and torque therefore not worth the $1600.

Anyway .... Getting back onto the topic ...... I think I read in the latest BMW magazine someting about BMW offering the newer diesal and petrol engines with higher outputs once our fuel quality improves. Something to do with the amout of Sulpher if I recall properly.
I re-read the document they sent and I agree with you. There will be a need to remove the ECU and sent it to them. Dont know what happen if they accidnetally mixed up the ECU with other cars.
I was searching of Powerchip financial statement to see how viable they are. Apparently no such information avail to public.

Back to topic.. yes Bmw is bring their 125Kw/340Nm(Not 400Nm as I previosuly stated) diesel to australia in 520d and X3 2.0
320d (E90) Sparkling Graphite, Bi-Xenon, Rear PDC, 17 Alloy 158(athome) 157 (On the car), Climate comfort Wscreen, Sport Steer, Electric Rear Blind, Mirror Package, Lemon interior with poplar trim, Comfort access, Partial Electric Seats, Through Loading and Adjustable Arm Rest
Appreciate 0