924er
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 924er View Post
If you can't afford the upkeep of a BMW, Hyundai accents are going for 13k brand new
Huh? No one here complained about cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
Its funny how you guys always use this as an excuse for unreliability. Water pump is not an "upkeep" or maintenance item. Do you see a recommended change interval that you didn't make up yourself? Is there any predicutability of when its going to fail (mine lasted 120k miles. would have been a waste of money to have replaced it at the various mileage people claim it COULD fail). Do you know of any upkeep items that are working like new, the dealer doesn't recommend you changing and the next day has you calling a tow truck? Upkeep cost is not the problem. Unreliable is the problem. Are injectors, fuel pumps, SOS call malfunctions, wastegate rattle also upkeep items? Do you know other cars where these routinely break? You can get away with shitty gaskets that fail prematurely and chalk it up as "upkeep" but everything mentioned above is just plain ole unreliability.
Bingo. It's a reliability issue and potentially finding myself stranded and the annoyance that it's been changed within the last 20K miles.

Hell, I'd pay $2K for pump that won't fail like it does on these cars.
Yeah it's always been a reliability issue. Electrical water pumps just fail. It's the way it is.

I changed mine at 45k cuz it had a leak. I'm ready to change it again if it breaks and for sure it will. BMWs ain't cheap

I feel you on the thought of being stranded. Sucks huh. I think about that every time I take a long trip with my wife and kid. Lol

DCI intakes, ER chargepipe, TIAL BOV,
VRSF 5in FMIC, BMS Downpipes COBB e30
Appreciate 0