BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
Thanks for the optimism, lol!

I have been doing exactly that, but I would have thought having sport activated would be harder on the transmission since it is shifting faster and harder, no?
No not at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
Interesting. I was auto crossing at ///Mpact and my best launches were with DCT single pressed, and brake boosting. I would use left foot to hold brake and gave about half throttle and release brake before the car cut off power. I would get minimal tire spin, modulate the throttle until full grip was achieved. Launch control caused too much tire spin and I wasted too much time modulating the throttle trying to tame it.
and more than likely you had a horrible 60'. Brake and DCT are synced with each other. So when you were holding the brake the preasure to the clutch is being half applied. If you keep doing this type of launch you will over heat the DCT which will lead to slippage > leading to excessive wear and tear.

Its seems you have been moderate at doing this though. Your throttle modulation helps with the strain on the clutches with that type of launching.
Appreciate 0