View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Id say get 2 race resonators, place them as cats and it'll deaden most of the droning, or you could try using/makeshifting an actuator valve so it only opens wide when you floor it and stays shut on 0-75% throttle. I hear arma makes this for their variable valve exhaust and its remote controlled. If you are still unhappy, id throw 1 cat right before the muffler to silence it a bit
don't know how the cut out would help as the sound is bad when the muffler is in use. The cut out would probably only magnify the magnadrone muffler. I could throw a cat back on but Hello restriction and loss of the minimal gains I was after with this sytem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Hi.Red.Devil View Post
Video drumroll..................
My video skills suck. The end of the 5 minute long video is where you can get an idea of the drone.

The second video is pure suck. Just got back from Chuck E Cheese with the wife and kid and she told me to stop because its Sunday. Probably right. I am new to exhausts and I am sure it will piss off neighbours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
My wife was my fiance when I installed 3.42 gears in my Z28 with a cutout. I kid you not, hearing protection was needed when we went on long trips. Wives are not as forgiving as fiances.

I'm driving a 328i now.
I can't stand it myself either. Plus my daughter said, Daddy, my ears hurt...... Don't like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
lol.. so it is really drone when on the highway??
any solutions on fix the drone?
its drone whenever I hit 2000-2500 RPM. Outside of that it is throaty and loud still but way more manageable....

I need some people who have used either the vibrant or the dynomax products to give me some feedback. Or anyone who has fixed this problem in the past..
Appreciate 0