View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #35
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Quote:
quite simply the cyclists should be treated like other vehicle users, tax insurance licence plate and made to abide by the laws of the road,
With regards to the TAX thing as VED is based on CO2 emissions then cyclists wouldn't pay any tax in any case. It's also fair to say that most cyclists also own cars and pay VED anyway. Lastly as we can all leave our cars on the drive and ride a bike if we wish to then I can't really understand the logic with this statement. If it's such a good deal give it a go!

As for abiding by the highway code I know that cyclists are every bit accountable as road users when they get caught. You can get fined for running a red light etc although admittedly it'll only happen if you get clocked and caught by a policeman. Sure plenty of cyclists ignore the highway code but we all know that they aren't alone.

Not sure how the licence thing would work or how it would be possible with kids on bikes etc. It would just add more expense to parenting!

Just been over in France for two weeks, with the BMW and the bike. Great place for both, smooth roads for my run flats and nice patient courteous motorists when I'm riding my bike.
Appreciate 0