View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
Frank Ricard
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
A persons beliefs or comments are not validated by their credentials or job title. Their beliefs or comments are either true or false based on merit. This should be obvious. If you lack the technical education to understand the subject matter then it's your responsibility to educate yourself. We know what happens when you "assume"...

The FACTS regarding BMW engine oil requirements have been established many times over and are part of the BMW new vehicle warranty requirements. Read your OM. LL-01 is the required oil for non-M BMW gas engines operated in the U.S. The FACTS were summarized in posts #64, #69 and #97 of the thread below. You might want to review the FACTS again if you're still confused on this subject.

Reality does not change just because some folks are unwilling to accept reality.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...06#post9439406

What are you, the white knight for LL-01?

The most important sentence in any of your rants:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
As I told you many posts ago - no where did I state that LL-01 oils were superior to boutique oils.

You really don't know. Which is why I asked for your credentials. OP didn't state his car was under warranty, so that shouldn't even be discussed here. Reading up on your opinion, I'd agree that if your car is under warranty sticking to an LL-01 makes sense. If not, YMMV.
Appreciate 0