vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
I just got a letter yesterday about renewing my Assist package since my 6 month trial period was up. I rang up the number and told the girl that I was aware it had been extended to 2010 and she was having none of it. She said it is only cars that were bought after Sept 07 that have the 3 year package and that the car price from Sept 07 includes the 3 year fee. I cannot have it since I did not pay it with the purchase of my older car.

So bugger that, they can stuff it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
330cdsport

I’m in the same boat as you regard this 3 year entitlement as I bought the car back in June 07 and was only entitled to the pathetic 6 month term. This tactic by BMW UK sounds all too familiar e.g. Sky + subscription packages.

Unfortunately, BMW UK has us ‘pre Sept 07’ buyers, over a barrel. I wish I could just go to another Assist provider, like I could with a pay TV subscription!

I think a letter to BMW HQ is now in order as this seems very unfair to us loyal BMW customers, besides it can hardly break the bank for BMW to give us the entitlement until 2010 as it’s a service cost that BMW has to cover anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRedE93 View Post
I can confirm 330cdsport is right, I bought mine end sept 07 and the 3 years was packaged in the 'delivery package cost'.

Cheeky Buggers charge you for everything
I suggest you all speak to someone at BMW Assist who actually knows what they are talking about.

When I say all BMW subscribers, irrespective of when they bought their car / subscribed to Assist, will now receive BMW Assist for free until 2010, I do actually mean all.

I bought my car in 2005 & started the subscription in September 07, without paying a penny for the service.

BMW Germany made the decision to provide the service free to all Assist customers from August 07, in order to promote the service until they start charging for it in 2010. I think they would be quite annoyed to hear that some Assist personnel in the UK are providing bogus information to customers.

My advice to those affected would be to speak to someone a little more senior- I'm sure the CEO, Jim O'Donnell, would be able to sort this matter out pretty quickly!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0