06-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #932
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlondeFella View Post
Your budget and speck though seems much higher than mine. I imagine you can appreciate the better quality though as well. I'm just looking for a value for money low to mid priced option. That's all I need for my simple tastes.
You have commended Jammy for just adding OE tweeters as it makes a big difference. If I can stretch to the Glayden set up now, won't that be even better seeing as I can get them for what appears to be a great price.
Apologies, if thats the case.

Quote:
If I can only afford half he price of a £300 Glayden amp, even this has to be an improvement over stock?
You may not get optimal results out of Gladen kit. See what Gizze said, that half of the time the drivers / kits are set / fitted inappropriately.

Quote:
You say i cant use any 'normal amp'. What do I need to look for and what prices do they start at? Could I not buy separately the Alpine amp that comes with the Alpine BMW speaker upgrade with these speakers as a cheaper alternative?
I will admit I am very naive to BMW set ups and I'm finding a lot of it confusing as I've never had these issues with previous cars. I don't even know what LOC is for example.
IF you do not want to add LOC (speaker level to low level converter so you can feed the amp), then look for those amps which accept differential balanced input. Some examples are JL, Rockford, Gladen, and Mosconi.
They are expensive for a reason mate.

Quote:
I'm being bought the speakers as a gift. I can't afford an expensive amp and I don't want to appear ungrateful by not fitting them. I just need a little help at looking at the lower end of the market.
Sure mate, all the best.