View Single Post
      04-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
INR96
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Finally got around to changing the LP fuel sensor in my 67k 2008 335i and I figured my experience might help someone else out. Initially after running e85 for 1 month I was consistently getting CEL's and limp modes between 2-3k even after returning to normal gas, so tune was removed for a while. After getting a DP, tune was re-installed and set to monitor boost and AFR on the dash. I noticed very lean AFR's in 2nd or 3rd gear at quarter throttle between 2-3k rpm on Stage 1 and 2 Procede tune. Engine would bog and could be pushed to misfire unless throttle was decreased and presumably LP pump was allowed to catch up. No problems with tune removed on map 0. 10739 code was present ever since tune was installed around 40k. I decided to combine a DIY walnut blasting with LP sensor swap out. After sensor swap code disappeared, the car is running perfectly now.

Here are some pics. Most of what I saw online was so zoomed in it was difficult for me ascertain where the LP sensor was since I had never taken manifold off or even the engine cover off before.

Engine cover off and cables stored in "cable management" hump

Charge pipe removed and throttle body unscrewed from manifold cover reveals the "evil box"

Despite all the DIY's on intake cleaning I was still unclear why this box was so evil until now.

40 minutes later the box is finally of the rails that hold it in place

Manifold off...

Here's the low pressure fuel sensor

Here is it's location zoomed out. Notice it's right next to the HPFP. I can't believe they didn't just change it when they changed the HPFP under the recall.

Hopefully this helps some one else out who is attempting to change it themselves.

Last edited by INR96; 04-24-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0