View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #105
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
I bought the TRW M3 wishbones a couple weeks ago and competed the install shortly after. I passed on the tension struts because I upgraded them to Meyle HDs about 10k miles ago.

The install was a little tricky for me. I needed to very gently bend the aluminum bracket to get the bushing side of the wishbone in. Others have suggested filing down the bushing or the bracket, but I found this was slow going. Even after careful bending, the bushing took some mild persuasion to get the wishbones in their brackets. Very tight fit.

The wishbones cause significant toe-in. A while back CALWATERBOY gave me a nice youtube link showing me how to measure toe using jackstands and strings. I took measurements before install, then measured afterwards and then adjusted tie rods to bring measurements as close to "before" as possible. Afterwards, car felt great. Probably needs a professional measurement and adjustment soon, but for now it's very drive-able.

I can feel a big difference with the wishbones alone. Steering is more responsive and more stability during spirited driving. Steering feels heavier, which I like. No increase in ride harshness.

A great mod or upgrade, can't imagine anyone would be unhappy with it.
Appreciate 0