View Single Post
      11-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

sweet man whever you make the video i know itll sound great. next im tthinking of downpipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
i finally had a day of driving with this exhaust. I have the exhaust + VK Catless Downpipes + MT

Cold Start Idle -
Very very loud and aggressive sounding. Firing up the car in the morning with half of my neighbors still asleep or getting ready i was a little anxious to get the hell outta my street before people complain. Even with stock exhaust and catless downpipes my car was loud but with the exhaust its very loud.

Idle after warmup -
Wow, this exhaust sounds very close to stock once the car has had a chance to warm up. At 600 rpm's sitting in traffic you get almost no additional noise in the cabin even with the windows down.

Normal Driving (shifting 2-3k) -
Normal driving however is where i'm a little bit unsure about the sound. Disclaimer first of all is that I have never been in a 335i w/ exhaust before, so I dont know if these characteristics are across the board with the n54. However, when I drive normally the car has a loud throaty sound to it but it does get a little bit too loud for my tastes. Its very interesting to note how loud the exhaust gets going from idle to 3k rpm's. I wouldn't say I dislike it just yet, but it'll take some getting used to... i've been spoiled by having a luxury car for the past 1.5 years before my last car with aftermarket exhaust.

Highway driving -
Absolutely no drone (my car is manual) and if you have all the windows closed and are just cruising the car will sound very close to stock. With music on you can barely notice it there.

WOT -
At WOT the sound is just awesome, it is not obnoxiously loud or raspy and you really feel like the exhaust gases are just escaping as fast as the tubing will allow with no restrictions. I guess its the turbos doing their work because inside the cabin the car actually sounds quieter than normal driving.

Hope this helps, very busy week for me I haven't been able to get some videos of the exhaust. I definitely want to do this b/c even I wanna hear what the car will sound like from the outside.
Appreciate 0