Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
I've combined the front and rear mids together into two channels, under seats into 2 channels, and sub in the mono slot.

I know not ideal, lose control of fader and ability to set individual levels/gains on the front and rear mids, but so far it sounds good as is, just need better clarity from the rear deck.
Ugh...

What kind of music do you listen to? - If the answer is EDM then I kind of understand. However, if you care about staging and having a soundstage in front of you, this is a bad idea.
Don't really care about staging, otherwise I know I'd want to balance each channel individually (and maybe get some TA too).

All I want is a budget friendly replacement for OEM base audio rear speakers... Just so the mids and highs are a little more clear and balanced for my rear passengers.
In time I may consider adding more channels via amps, but for now just looking to clean up rear sound a bit.
I have to tell you, I hate the idea of running fronts and rears in parallel. If you have to do it, I would put a lot of emphasis on the sensitivity of the new speakers in relation to the fronts, because that determines how loud they will play. In my mind the worst thing that could happen is that the rear speakers are much louder than the fronts. What you want is for the fronts to be louder so that the stage has at least a chance of staying in front of you. I know you say you don't care about staging, but I have a hard time believing that. So you should look for speakers with a lower sensitivity then the front speakers. Keep in mind, the rear parcel speakers reflect off the rear window and are therefore amplified so finding the right mix will be very difficult in my opinion.

Do you not have the capability to use the head units speaker outputs to run the rear speakers? That way at least you could use the Fader to control how loud each set of speakers plays, depending on whether or not you have rear passengers. Alternatively, you could install a small cheap 2 channel amplifier to drive the rear speakers, and use the RCA outputs from the head unit's rear outputs and use the Fader when needed. If it sounds like I'm trying to talk you out of your original idea, I am, cause I hate it!