View Single Post
      11-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

E9X Clutch stop/start sensor bypass

Started working on this today and made some progress.

Clutch sensor:

It's under the lower dash, you have to take the three hex screws off and pull down and out to remove it. There's a bunch of stuff connected to it, its easier to remove all the connectors and put the lower dash in your backseat.

Following up the clutch pedal at the top there is a cylinder which takes your pushing of the clutch pedal and turns it into pressure. On the LEFT side you will find a set of wires running into a little piece that looks like this, the connector is missing. (see below to see what it looks like)

It's easy to pop off, so much so that I cant believe it hasn't on its own. This is the sensor that tells the car if you have the clutch in a little, for the cruise control, or all the way, so you can start it.

To make it so you don't need to depress the clutch to start the car you need to jump these two wires. This wont affect your cruise control since it is a separate wire.

Car starts without the clutch depressed now. I am not responsible for any damage you do by following these instructions, attempt at your own risk.

This is as far as I have gone today, but for a sneak peak, this is the already in place and threaded bolt that can be used to create a clutch stop. It's already technically the clutch stop, just not long enough.

I'll need to find out what size thread this is and then fabricate something for it. If anyone has some ideas throw them out.
Appreciate 0