View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
jyrbba
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 -07

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee View Post
I coded my 2007 E92 with CCC and the Alpine retrofit for hifi by adding $676 to FA in CAS and FRM then coding CHOST, CAPPL, CGATE, CAUDI and CTUNE in Expert Mode. You definitely get a boost to the midrange and I didn't run into any of the problems experienced by others regarding PDC and Bluetooth volume. However, three things to note:
  • If your kit was installed correctly, you'll need to change the switch under the amp from 2 to 1 to get the bass back after coding.
  • Again, if your kit was installed correctly (and you have the old kit with the two tweeter outputs on the crossovers), you'll need to take the door casings off and move the tweeters from the Pro branch to the Business branch to get rid of the 6dB attenuation.
  • There's no benefit to opening up the amp and moving the jumpers from HI to LO level input unless you've seperately amped the rears, as you'll completely lose them if you do - they're just too quiet.

Hope that's of use to someone!
Do you notice the 6db attenuation? Cause I have a very similar case to yours but seems like my tweeters make even too much sound already. I got CIC retrofitted and then after that Alpine retrofit kit, and it sounded like crap. Then just added $676 to cas and recoded CIC and thats it, nothing else needed. I couldnt get $676 stick to NFRM or FRM, don't know why. It just swiped it out rightaway. Anyways it changed it to stereo and I set the amp to position 1 and it sounds pretty good to me. Should I still change the tweeters to the business hookup?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0