View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
.blackgt.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Arrow Considering this 2008 E92 (carfax within)

New guy here.

I have been looking at getting into a 135i for quite some time now and with the prices hovering at about $25,000 & availability in my area at almost zero, I have found myself looking into the 3 series.

The sedan has always looked a bit better to me, but the want for a 2 door has struck. I have my eye on a couple in the area, but with 1 in particular.

It seems to be very reasonably priced and would like to know what you guys think about the carfax. (Click on things to get more details)

CARFAX REPORT

As expected, the first 40k miles have been well documented.
What scares me a bit is the constant transfer of ownership later in it's life.

It shows that it has had 4 owners. To me that seems like alot.

Although I have yet to see it in person, from the pictures, the interior and exterior look clean with no highway rock chips on the bumper.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?
Would you recommend having it inspected at a BMW dealership or an independent garage that specializes in German vehicles?

Does anyone know of a decent German garage to get it inspected in Atlanta GA?

As for the vin, can someone point me to a working VIN decoder to see what this vehicle has for options?

I know it has leatherette which I truly would rather have on a vehicle of this age. I have read that it wears a bit better than the leather.

The brakes appear to be painted red. I am not sure if they are that way from the factory (BMW Performance) or if someone sprayed them quickly -_-

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0