View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #57
davidwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328,325, 325, 335, X5, 640 GC

Just wanted to give a quick update on these bushings. I had been holding out installing the rear bushings to see if the front bushing revision would be available soon. I finally decided to install the rear bushings and they make a noticeable difference, even just on the rear brakes. I can't wait to get a set on the fronts when they are re-designed.

I have to say, they are a REALLY tight fit in the calipers. I cleaned the caliper out with a Dremel bit until they were totally clean. I still had to knock a bit off the outside for some of the bronze bushings with a Dremel and press them in using a caliper spreader as a make-shift press. It could be just some variations in the original batch, but the outer diameter of the bushings were not consistent. That is, one bushing would slide in easily with just hand pressure, whereas a different bushing in the same caliper hole wouldn't at all.

However, once they are installed, they are great. I'm hoping the version for the front is available soon.

Just putting around normally you won't really feel anything different, but I could tell a noticeable increase in pedal feel and firmness at threshold braking.

They are a win in my book.