View Single Post
      11-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
Atorsesh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 123

Over the weekend we got the DLS 4PSA set in. Just a heads up to everyone:
A 2006 330i L7 speaker IS a different size mount than a 2008 328i HiFi speaker
I didn't see that anywhere on the forum so just thought I would say something about it. I made the mounts out of 1/4" solid oak and they worked pretty well.

Unfortunately I have to say the 330i L7 with the Polk system upgrade I talked about up earlier sounds MUCH better than the DLS with HiFi. At higher volumes the DLS's start to sound better though. I found a Kicker zx350.4 that I am going to put in with technics harness to run the front speakers and under seat speakers. I am going to find a cheap/decent 2 channel amp to run the rear speakers.

Also, I coated the doors in Raamat BXT II and Raamat Ensolite PS and the doors feel a bit more solid when closing them. If your considering sound deadening material I would definitely say go with Raamat. Customer service was amazing, the guy who runs the entire company called my cell phone to complete a $40 order. I am in no way affiliated with Raamat btw.

tl;dr
DLS speakers wern't too impressive..yet. Installing a Kicker ZX350.4 soon. Pictures soon as well.
Appreciate 0