View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #22
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
I am trying to figure out the exact same thing.

Replaced the driver side- abs/dcs/cruise control all kuput. I figured the abs sens was bad because I had to give it a pretty good whack to get it off the hub. No biggie I figure.

Drove the car for a day and determined the driver side was just as bad. Didn't have the time or energy to do it so I had my mechanic do the job. Guess what- The speedo stopped working. OK, figured both ABS senors were bad, got two new ones from bmw, put on the car and the all the problems still exist no abs/tc/speedo.

So in my mind the only thing left is that both the one I put in and the one my mechanic put in went in backwards. One side is orange and one is black, I assumed that the black side was the side with the magnet or whatever the abs sensor communicates with.

Fucking frustrating.
Did you ever figure this out? I just ran into the same problem with my rear left sensor and F A G bearing. Shop did the work. I verified Red Seal out. I even changed my sensor. Suffering the same ABS light as you. Really don't want to waste time swapping another bearing. Then again, hate driving with error lights.

Hopeful you found a solution.

Let me know. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0