AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Definitely get Michelin PSS over Pirelli.

I bought mine from Tire Rack a couple of years ago just before they stopped shipping to Australia because of the complaints from aussie Michelin dealers. The dollar was just a little over parity back then so it was much cheaper than buying locally. I split the shipment into 2. 2 fronts 235/35/19 then 2 rears 275/30/19 to get under the $1k aud limit. Still saved a lot back then even with extra shipping cost..Dealing with them is no problem although payment via international money transfer is a bit more involved than just paying by CC. It's not a deal breaker though.

Things are getting a lot cheaper buying locally now. From what I have read here on the forum, local Aussie 1er section I think, if you take a tire rack quote into Bob Jane they will price match it for you. In AUD of course. Bob Jane apparently will also price match any advertised price on Michelin PSS. Have a look towards the end of Zuzu's "1M Zuzette build thread" thread in the Aussie 1er forum for the details.
^ Bob Jane can only price match, if the tyres are bought from Michelin Australia.

There are some sizes for PSS that aren't available from Mich AUS, however we can always get them from another supplier.

I'm not sure we can price match to tire rack but I will double check with my manager.
Appreciate 0