06-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
swc945
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Help please?! Audio works intermittently

Hi All,

3 days ago, I started noticing some issues with my audio.

On the first day, I was simply driving along, and the music stopped playing for only about 2 seconds, and then it continued to play normally for the rest of my journey. I assumed the CD skipped and didn't think much more of it.

The following day, I was driving along the same route, and the music stopped playing again for about 2 seconds. But on this occasion, it occurred about 3-4 times - this time it caught my attention a little more.

And the worst part of this experience, I went for a 3 hour drive on the weekend, and the music practically didn't play for the whole drive. The music works for 5 second, then turns off for 10 seconds, turns on again for 2 seconds, turns off for 2 seconds, turns on for 2 seconds, turns off for 30 seconds, etc.... there doesn't seem to be any consistent patterns anymore.

Today, I've just noticed for the first time that the option to select from the CD Changer (ie. CD1, CD2, CD3 etc) continuously alternate from being available and not available to select. Its a bit hard to explain, so I recorded this video - please note, the audio recorded on this video is what I've been putting up with over the past 3-4 days now!
http://youtu.be/GNb3App63HY

So...
I was hoping that someone on here could help me with some advice/suggestions.
What should I try to look for to pinpoint what the problem is?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Some background information:
I have a 2006 325i E92 Coupe (Australian delivered)
Base audio system (4 speakers + 2 under-seat subs) - from my research on this forum, no amps in this system.
factory 6-CD changer mounted in the boot.
With the 8" Pro Navigation (DVD based system)
Appreciate 0