12-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
I'm not sure a single 12 will give you the output you want. From everything I've read, a single 15 is enough for SQ guys, but SPL lovers need at least two 15s or more.
Very true. I guess I can bear with single 12 inch till you or somebody else can fit IB behind the rear seats. In that case, I could go max for 15 inches sub in the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Given those two drivers, the W7 reportedly works great IB, but I would still give the edge to the FI since it is specifically designed for that application and it has excellent reviews. Also take a look at AE SBP12 and SBP15. Supposedly one of the best IB drivers. Those however have a 4-6 week lead time.
I was reading the reviews on SBP15 last night. Brilliant driver.
However comparing it to Fi IB12, its xmas is limited and on 20Hz 250W RMS is enough to take it to its Xmas (though it is 7dB louder than Fi IB12) and that is coming straight out of John's posting.

Whereas Fi IB3 takes 500W RMS @ 20HZ to reach its Xmas. In a way it favours SBP15 as it takes less power to create more sound but then with Fi IB3, there are less chances of mechanical failure due to greater Xmas (unless I am missing a point here).

So considering that, I am getting confused which one would work out better in IB setup?