View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
Zygote55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Slammer View Post
Seems like your solution to your problem was to just throw parts at it til it stopped giving you those codes. That sucks, I almost made the same mistake.

I would try to replace or move the spark plugs around to see if the misfire follows.

During a misfire the DME cuts fueling to that cylinder to prevent further damage. Thus the shadow code Pressure too Low.

Spark plugs $18-20 each vs $100 injector.
You tease me for throwing parts at it until the codes stopped (which is true), then you recommend OP throw parts at his problem until the codes stop... I wouldn't buy a new spark plug because that's likely not the problem. If you want to validate it's not the spark plug just swap #6 and #1 and see if the misfire follows the plug.

I don't see how you'll get pressure too low when DME is cutting fuel to an injector. I was getting pressure too low because the injector continued to leak fuel into the cylinder AFTER the DME cut fuel. It would also leak when the car was off, which caused the fuel pressure in the rail to drop and throw a pressure too low at start code.

Anyway, run the car for a bit, then pull the spark plug on cylinder 6. Does it have fuel on it? Does it smell like fuel? You need a new injector.
Appreciate 0