07-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
MHD Flash - WHAT CABLE COMBINATION WITH HARDWARE WORKS THREAD!

After much "research". (watching this thread) I have noticed the following pattern of what works 100% and what doesn't.

Martial @ MHD suggested nabbing the "bimmer software .com" cable and it has worked for everyone who I can see on this thread has bought it. (Me as well).

EDIT: There has been a report of a single non working One Stop Electronics cable. My suggestion is now to spend the $40 on the "bimmer software .com" cable.

And since his advice was so helpful this is his suggestion for anyone wanting to run his software in Europe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
And as an alternative for Europe, this cable-shack cable (D-Line for post-07 builds, K-line for everyone else) http://www.cable-shack.co.uk/products.php has also been proven to work.

If you get a cable from any of these sources that does not work please respond to this post and I will amend it with a note of which one didn't work.

Thanks again everyone and Martial for your help with this tune and the amount of attention you pay to these forums.

Trend noticed: the white (clear) cable seems to be the one that causes issues and does not read from the ECU
The white cable has not had a noticed issue.

I have personally noticed that if the cable comes bundled with a software disc, that it definitely DOES NOT work.

The green chip cables work 100% from what I've seen.

The blue chip cables seem to be for the older K-Line vehicles (pre-08)

Last edited by Venom; 09-23-2015 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 3