Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Cobb isn't able to get close to the horsepower numbers on E85 (even with a whole list of supporting mods).
My car's not a dyno queen (it's actually never been on a dyno) & I welcome a challenge from ANY PROcede tuned car that wants to run E85 against me. So until you have video supporting your claims, let Vishnu do the marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Most importantly, as I mentioned in my first post, the PROcede is the only tune that incorporates a flex fuel sensor, so your car is running optimally for whatever fuel blend is running through the system. It's been proven that its impossible to predict the exact ethanol concentration reaching your engine at any given moment, so manually adjusting your tune is borderline dangerous.
Yes it incorporates a sensor, but we both agreed that responsible tuning can avoid any potential problems. It's also important that if the user wants to dabble with E85 (even with a sensor) that they data log the car & make sure that the tune is working appropriately (from both a performance & safety perspective). Modding the cars to the level a lot of us have taken them (~3 times the stock boost, increased timing, etc), the owner should take some degree of interest & data log the car to make sure it's running "happy". Even all pump gas isn't "created equally", so to even just keep pumping X octane in the car & forget about it isn't the "safest" approach either.
Appreciate 0