12-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #15
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Yea..I used to do it that way as well and found out after that it wasn't recommended.

not sure if you venture outside onto other coding forums, but it isn't the proper way to do it (which is why I do it the other way using expertmode). Thanks for pointing out that thread, so I can update my post with the way I use it now.
Not trying to be combative here, but who clarifies what is proper and what isn't? I'm an IT Administrator, and when something I'm coding works and works well, I roll with it. I mean, there are basic rules to follow when doing any coding, but when something works as it should, I don't question whether it was "proper" or not, because who determines proper? People in my profession sometimes say this too... "that's not the proper way" but really there is not just one way to do things.

Maybe there's a better way to do this... great! But since this way works, I suggest doing it this way.

By the way, how could a module get ruined by this method? In my understanding, the submodules which are reset using this method will form their code based on the model type, the FA string, etc. I don't really see how it could get messed up? When I first started coding, I even accidentally did SG_CODIEREN with one module's .MAN file code and coded that to another module, when I was going too quickly and got interrupted by someone. All it did was reset the module back to its original code. If someone messed up their module, it had to be from something more serious.

Last edited by Trevendous03; 12-17-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0