View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Alan335Xi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Thanks for your post. I'll be doing my 1st brake job and like you, am excited but have some trepidation. I like your phrase: "but in the end, it's just a car." lol! Anyhow, amazing how we all research and come up with different thoughts. I decided on Axxis semi-metallic for the OEM feel with less dust. Interesting note at this point is that the vendor (NOT TMS) shipped me 2 sets of rear pads. I called and after much back and forth, turns out their warehouse didn't have, and couldn't find, any fronts. Long story short they shipped me Centric PosiQuiets for the front. Not sure how I feel about mixing f/r pads, but we'll see how the car feels. Rotors still within spec and don't seem need replacing.
Question though on jacking up - I plan on using a floor jack (with hockey pucks) at the jacking points - any suggestions on specifically where to place the jack stands? Alternatively, if I place the jack stands at the appropriate jacking point near each wheel, where do I jack up the car? Any recommended central front and rear jacking point, though our cars have the plastic cover almost the entire length? Thanks!
Appreciate 0