grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Actually BMW still have a premium image within europe an image that describes each and every BMW as a car that has unsurpassed handling and dynamics. The BMW image is so widely interpreted by our competitors in their marketing that it is entirely confusing for the customer that they are being promised a car that will be good as if not better than a BMW, only to find out they are nowhere near the level of BMW.
I agree with this actually. You can see a good amount of BMW design language mirrored in other car makes yet, in my experience none of them have the complete package that BMW offers.

Quote:
BMW means the same the world over - Premium , Individual , excellent dynamics , Efficiency and Innovation.
Crossover products such as the 5er Gran Turismo and X6 are purely developed from marketing needs and strong research. Customers especially now are looking for more from cars , customers who where briefed on the 5er GT on where apathic to Sport Activity Vehicles and did not need the utility of a Touring and were bored with the concept of a sedan.
As were X6 customers who we found out owned a SAV/SUV and an additional model like a Porsche 911 etc - it's these customers who have welcomed the X6 and the concept of a Sport Activity Coupe.
I don't know about the group you polled but, I believe most people would be happier with a sexy 4 door coupe in place of their 5er then an odd wagon hatchback looking thing.

Quote:
Now with the GT since we released the concept car there has been interest and since the launch of the production model - our web traffic and interest has exceeded our expectations for this car and we have been aggressively marketing this car especially in Europe with "The Cube" a personal introduction to the car at either a cultural or innovation event.
How much of the web traffic is people who would actually buy the car vs. people like myself who are in disbelief that you are actually going to build it and the interest being people who are just trying to figure out what it is supposed to be and why you think we want it?

Quote:
One model that has really caught on fire is the new BMW X1 originally not conceived for the US Market but recently overturned to include the US market. We are already building substantial orders for both the X1 and 5er Gran Turismo.
I would site this as an example of the US market changing and wanting more of what the rest of the world likes as opposed to what manufacturers think we want.

I understand you have to make changes while you are at the forefront of the industry for them to be accepted and it generally takes the public a while to warm to new things. I admit I was one of the ones that was a little dumbfounded with the first Bangle cars (7er especially) but, I now love them. I just see me and a lot of others having the same warming to these GTs.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 07-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: fixing quote wraps
Appreciate 0