02-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1041
Lastway
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw_ET View Post
Hi all,
new to this forum. Own a 320i -08 with just above 100 000km on it. Nice to drive, but during the past 2,5 years I have been forced to tow it 5 times to a workshop. 11 coils (2x8 due to service bulletin), one complete motor electronic unit, and now earlier this week it gave me the engine warning light. Again.

This time apparently the timing chain is worn out, which sounds completely insane. Unfortunately the car just passed 100 000km which makes my insurance not valid. 2500€ repair...

Somebody else had this problem?

Regards
/J
I am having this problem that you have now. I am also from Sweden and have a 2008 with 85000 km and my waranty is out. I am getting the fault code 2A98
and yellow engine light. When i start the car cold i dont have these problems but after ive been driven for about 10-20 km the engine light sometimes appears and when i turn the car of and try to turn it on the second after, I get a very long start time, about 5 seconds and then the engine light turns up right after. The fault code indicates that there might be a problem with the camshaft/crankshaft sensors or that there is something with the chain.

Bmw_ET please pm me I would really like to discuss this further with someone that has been talking to mechanics in Sweden.
Appreciate 0