11-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #12
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Glad you're okay and yes these cars are incredibly safe I agree. Should have taken a pic of her car....and her lmao. But it should be her fault anyways 10-14k you can get a 330 or 325 again in that price range. I don't know why your parents wouldn't want you to get one I mean they're safe, and the 325 isn't too fast same with the 330. I mean I love the speed of my 330 but compared to newer cars on the road these days, it isn't crazy irresponsibly fast. As for insurance, look for a 4 door family car and if you have good grades that should lower it. That's what I did lol good grades and a 4 door and tell them that you just commute to school and thats all, you never go anywhere outside of town. I have liability so its around $200 here in California, full coverage is like $800-1000 at least for me, I'm 18 now got my license and insurance when I was 17.

As for the new car try narrowing it down. Do you want European, Japanese, or American? Euro- definitely another BMW, look into Audi too but they aren't too reliable, Mercedes is out of the price range they don't lose they're value quickly like BMWs. Japanese just too many to think of lol G35 maybe. American- mustang? but errr I wouldn't the older 06ish models are too cheap as for most American cars. I say try to convince your parents for another BMW, safest route.
Appreciate 0