Thread: rub or scrape?
View Single Post
      08-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
miker2013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6mt Msport coupe

thx for the replies guys... really appreciate it

just to answer a few questions.... the cars drives fine since the incident, absolutely no difference... I have been underneath the car and cannot find any noticeable signs of anything which looks amiss at all, the little plastic shields in front and rear of vehicle have no noticeable wear on them which would indicate they scraped the ground.... the shocks have no leaks and appear fine... car has been ridden on smooth/bumpy fast roads since without any noticeable issues....the front and rear bumpers are in perfect condition so there was no contact underneath them

so basically I am left with only 2 possible scenarios.....

1- the road was dished out w/ a hump in the middle (a lot of roads in the area are tho I am not sure this one was) and as I came down over the crest, the suspension squatted and I scraped the middle of the car underneath

or

2- I rubbed one or more tires

I looked underneath the car extensively and this is the only thing that looked a little funky....does the exhaust on the right look ok? the kinks in it looked a litte more extreme than the one on the left so that is why I took notice

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps19a4c492.jpg
Appreciate 0