View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
skierdoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
What I think is that there is a bunch of lazy-ass people in this forum... the new, HD-based iDrive requires a set of FSC enabling codes from the dealer to activate the new map update. The FSC codes are based on your VIN. The DVD set is no longer sold by Navteq or TeleAtlas for that particular reason: you have to go to the dealer in person to at least purchase the codes as they either will load the codes into your car using their system or give you a pdf document with a printed 20-character code for you to enter when prompted by the iDrive screen.

The 3 DVD set has to be also bought at the dealer, however it can be ordered online at Tisher or United BMW.

I posted the P/N of both items, with prices, photos and how the process work in this forum. Search, please.
I resent the tone of some of the posters in this forum!

I do of course know the process of how the newer i-Drive nav systems are updated. I know about the enabling codes tied to the VIN, etc. What I was pointing out, if the previous poster had carefully read my post, is that the BMW navigation site it specifically says the 2011 Disks are available. And if you have an older non-HD iDrive, you can order the 2011 disks. However, if you have a newer i-Drive, which requires Dealer installation, the BMW Site doesn't specifically say the 2011 Disks are available. It simply says that you must visit your dealer. It is thus slightly ambiguous as to whether the 2011 updates are available for the newer i-Drive.

If you don't have something helpful or positive to say, please don't say anything!
Appreciate 0