05-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #50
Stevep200sx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMSilicon View Post
Hi,

This guide doesn't quite work for me unfortunately, I have a tight wire under my track selection Multi fiction button that stops me from pulling the right hand side of the trim outwardly enough to get my torque tip in for removing the last multi function button screw. Has anyone else had this???

Cheers
Craig
Great DIY tutorial! Mine was peeling and rather than paint it, I just pulled the rest off, cleaned it, and put a few coats of wax on it. It'll wear off, I know...

I had the same problem with the tight wire so I un-did the screw that holds the button cluster to the plastic trim. The buttons on the left are only attached to the trim, not the whole steering wheel. The buttons on the left were tighter. The same size torx screw holds the buttons to the trim.

Also, for anyone struggling to free the trim from behind the centre piece, there are two clips, one on each side at the top...sort of in the centre of the top wing pieces. I used a gentle flathead to pry the rubber backing up a little and the clips should release. Someone here said not to worry that they won't break....I would agree mostly. Seemed like a pretty tough piece of plastic. I just did it today so if anyone has any questions, message me.
Appreciate 0