View Single Post
      06-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Reload
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3-series convertible

Exclamation Poor Service and Customer Interface at BMW Murray

I don't usually express negative opinions of businesses in a public forum. However, I have had a gut full of BMW of Murray's poor customer service. I own a 3-seriese and a 5-series. My 3-series was under BMW's CPO program when I bough it. I took it in for a fix on the A/C system for which BMW had issued a service bullitin. BMW of Murray charged me about $300 for the fix. I complained to no avail that it was a know design defect and that the car was still under the warranty provided through the CPO program. I even called BMW of America to explain the situation. They said that it was the at the discretion of BMW of Murray whether or not to warranty the service. Needless to say, they did not. Because I own two BMW's I have intereacted with the parts department many times. Count on a long wait at the counter or on the phone and expect to deal with several fairly rude people. (However, there is one really good guy named Tony). They have sold me an incorrect part number and suggested that I was somehow trying to scam them when I tried to return the part for the correct one.
I have several friends that own BMW's here in Salt Lake City. None of us will buy new from BMW of Murray. A couple of us have actually flown to Las Vegas or Phoenix to buy new cars from other BMW dealers. However, we are still stuck with the local dealership for after sale service. I recently bought an Acura MDX rather than an X5 just to avoid working with BMW of Murray anymore than I had to. BMW of Murray is the only dealer in Utah. They are a monopoly and they act the part in every way. I love the BMW product but hate the dealer. Just my opinions.
Appreciate 0