View Single Post
      06-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Hi,

I solved my PROcede installation problem and everything is fine now.

What happened ? At my first approach including the installation-test with the bypass plugs everything was ok.

As soon as I connected the PROcede ( including the PROcede power connection ) I got a lot of codes, even some which cannot be related to the PROcede and ended up in removing everything and going back to stock. The car was not drivable, after a BMW service car cleared the errors it was ok again, but stock.

Shiv helped that I could check the harness, it has been ok. He sent a special map to me so that I could re-assign a signal to a different input / output. But in advance to reassign something I liked to give me a second, slightly different try.

Preparation:

- I loaded the v1.45 Steptronic map into the PROcede
- I soldered every contact of the harness except the connectors on the ECU side
- I drove the car to a dealership to clear all errors eventually stored in the ECU memory ( there have been 2 the service car did not clear due to an elder software release )

Installation:

- I waited until the ignition was off and disconnected the car's battery
- I did the complete install without any intermediate checks
- I reconnected the battery, the car started and was fine without any problem or code

Post Installation:

- I drove the car to a dealership again to see if I have got any error codes after the install. I had none.

So far I did about 60 miles with the PROcede installed. Everything is working like expected, the next days will show if I really have a problem-free environment. In my opinion the removal of the 40 or 50 amp. fuse without disconnecting the battery can generate error codes like DSC, etc. I also learned that even when you installed everything right and you do have errors stored in the ECU the engine can behave strange. The Creader tool does not clear all errors stored in the ECU.

So if you have troubles let the errors clear at a dealership and see if that helps. Also disconnecting the battery during the install might be a good idea.

Cheers
Eugen

( happy now )
Appreciate 0