View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #38
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by preezzy
Hey guys I just had my belt broke too car is a 09 e92 with 44k miles luckily my sa said it would be covered under cpo since they found oil leak from housing gasket which caused the belt to lubricate over time and break off however my car has been down for 3 weeks now since one of the part they need is on back order

so basically I'm happy they are taking care of it however the part that is on backorder is called some type of locktite sealant that you need to put on the screw when installing these belts so what I'm most Frustrated about is the fact that the sealant is a god damn universal item that could be found easily anywhere so for them to have my car in their shop for 3 weeks and not even have the sealant yet is outrageous!!!

I don't want to file any complains because if I do I'm afraid they might think of me as one of those 20 year old ignorant person and not fix other issues they might have been caused from oil leak so sorry for the long write but this is how my situation is going about chime in if you care to
Thanks
Sketchy.
Unless its on back order , it doesn't take 3 weeks.
I ordered a part direct from BMW Germany and it took about a week and a half at most to get here.
Appreciate 0