View Single Post
      07-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
jimpom23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Car feels less responsive...

I recently had a big service on my 335i including spark plugs, I also got them to put a new battery in whilst it was there and whether related or not, the car doesn't feel as responsive as it used to?

I thought this a couple of days after but ignored it, then this weekend it started to annoy me, it felt like I had to use too much throttle to get a response from the auto box and when I shifted to DS using paddles, there was a slight delay on acceleration (about a second), and this was in 2nd so it should have been instantaneous especially being around 3.5k revs, I'm not talking turbo's lag, its more the engine being really slow to pick up.

It's not dangerous or inconsistent, just requires a heavier right foot at the moment but wasn't sure whether it was paranoia plus a bit of heatsoak in the high temps.

Is there a chance that something was reset/not reset after new battery was put in or the plugs are somehow wrong?

I'm tempted to drop it at the dealers but I don't want them to charge me to look at it to say nothing is wrong - I have insured warranty but not sure if investigation and plugging in would be covered if no fault is found?

Appreciate 0