View Single Post
      09-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

I was gonna wait until I got it next week, but the cat's out of the bag. I actually got a Dension that I hope they'll take back like they said they would if I couldn't install it. No way would the dealer code the car for a CD changer, which the Dension needs; I had found an installer. My next idea was to get the dealer interface, which also emulates a CD changer. If I didn't like it, I was gonna see if I could swap it for the Dension, since I think the car would have been coded for a CDC. So I made the appointment for the install. When I made the appointment, I was informed that the price was not the $600 I was originally told by the service guy who said they couldn't do the code, but $775. When I asked what the difference was, I was told that for E93, it's a USB adapter interface; my CA looked it up and read something about a MOST BUS. I'm hoping that this will be faster, possibly just like 6FL. If the dealer can do it, I may see if they can do it this Thurs instead of next (when I can get a loaner).

What I don't get is why they don't send out letters or something to people without 6FL. It shows how little they care about you after the sale. My CA knew I was miffed about not being allowed to delay my build to get 6FL; wouldn't it have been great if she had seen this was available, thought of me and notified me. It's just chance that I found about it before reading it here.

So there it is, $775 retail. Double 6FL.

I'll post pix and a review as soon as I get it. Can't wait.