View Single Post
      05-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #81
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwm View Post
George, My car was recently repaired and the hood and front bumper were replaced the problem im having is that the rest of my car feels rough like it has over spray all over it I plan on ordering your Porter Cable (PC) 7424 Advanced Kit and I was wondering what else I need to get my paint back to the way it was when it was new. I don’t want the body shop to touch my car any more. I would rather fix it myself so I know its done correct. BTW clay didn’t work but I tried scratch-X on my trunk lid by hand and that worked but took way to long. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Rich
Rich, it sounds like you already did some research on what you are interested in. Even thought the clay may not have helped resolve the entire problem, I'm sure it helps play a part in your results.

I think in conjunction with the buffer kit you plan on purchasing and the proper polishes you'll get the results you are looking for in a reasonable period of time.

Along with the PC, I would strongly encourage you to look into the Menzerna line of polishes, specifically either the PO106ff, or the combination of Intensive Polish and Final Polish II.

The PO106ff can often achieve the same results, if not better than the combination of the Intensive Polish and Final Polish II combo. It uses a higher concentration of smaller, yet sharper abrasives which ultimately yields a finer finish. Intensive Polish does have slightly more cutting characteristics for deeper imperfections than the 106ff, so for neglected paint this is a great product to have on hand. Many detailers will still keep IP in their arsenal even if they use the PO106ff on a regular basis.

From there, just make sure you follow up with your choice of protection for your paint, whether it be a sealant and/or wax. If you'd like any suggestions for that, please do not hesitate to ask.

Look forward to hearing about your results with the new PC.

George
Appreciate 0